Sunday, December 27, 2015

3 Reasons I'm Called To The Nations


I've heard asked before, Why would you go and serve another nation when your own nation and community is so in need?" After many years of thinking about this question, I feel like I have a personal understanding of "Why go?".  God has placed the nations on my heart, all of them to be exact.  He aches for me to serve His people all over the world and to experience His love in radical new ways. YWAM's mission statement is "To know God and to make Him known". This is something I 100% agree with. I want to know God more and I want to make Him known, and I want to see every nation reached with the the gospel and the love that comes along with it. 

Mark 16:15 – “He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.”

Here are some of the reasons I found of why God calls us, His children and His disciples, to the Nations.

1)  To Spread Love And Spread Light
  • Every Nation is different, no two countries are exactly the same. They have their own culture, passions, and past oppression. No matter what country you step into you will see how hungry people are for truth, joy, and genuine, pure love. Where is the one place you will find all of these things wrapped up in a nice little package? The Bible. People are so completely hungry for the gospel, no matter what country you go to. Denying them of the truth we already have is selfish, giving them the opportunity to experience Jesus is why we are here on this earth. 


2) He Wants To Show Himself To You In New Ways
  • In every situations there is something new we can learn and it's mostly when we are taken out of our comfort zones that we are able to see outside of ourselves. There are so many things you learn in traveling to new countries, such as behavioral customs, manners, and dress codes. Through these things you also see Gods beauty in a new way. These can be radically different than how you were raised growing up. In learning how other cultures respect their elders or how they appreciate nature and the things God has created, you learn another side of God as a creator and as a father. He wants to continue to reveal Himself to you in new ways. He wants you to see him as King, Bride, Provider, Father and so many other new and exciting ways. We just need to be open to it.

Exodus 9:16 - “But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”

3) You are a walking testimony
  • God has done amazing works in your life. Some of the ways God has worked in your life you are aware of and some have not yet been revealed. We are called to share these stories with others to encourage their lives and relationship with Jesus. The thing I've learned most in YWAM is to not hide from your testimony. It shows a beautiful and not so beautiful part of how you got to be who you are today, and how God has shaped you in that process. You never know how your testimony can inspire someone else in the season of their life that they are in.


Daniel 4:2 – “It has seemed good to me to show the signs and wonders that the Most High God has done for me.

As I get ready to head to New Zealand in a week I felt strongly on my heart to explain my view of missions. I hope that this blog brings greater clarity to my heart for world. I love you all so much. Thank you again for all of your support throughout this journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment